Anonymous
I told you I have been listening to many different kinds of music lately, didn't I? Well, consider today's offering a small taste of things to come and a harbinger of great stuff coming your way in the next few weeks.

This compilation I'm recommending to you today is the third volume put out by Marina Records label concentrating on 60's/70's funky pop from Germany. If you thought all they did best was house music and electronica kraut rock, think again. Here is proof that the pop scene was a big market over there back in the day and not only that, they managed to merge anglo-saxon popsmithery with their own german sensibilities. Does this make sense to you? I hope it does and I trust I turned you on to this. It's really fun, in a pre-Eurovision kind of way.

I leave you with one of its best tracks: The Beat Goes On by INGA. Oh, yeah.

0 Responses