Anonymous
Sorry for the lack of posts but I've been immersing myself into new music, both old and recent and haven't had the time or disposition to write about it. I had to first let it all sink in in order to make sense of so many new sounds that I'm hearing. Plus, I've been making some bad ass CD compilations for myself and some friends and they also have been keeping me busy all this time. Maybe someday I'll share them with you, who knows. Now, off to Ms. Gainsbourg's new album.

Co-written and co-produced with american indie superstar Beck, IRM is the new album from the daughter of that gallic legend that went by the name of Serge Gainsbourg. And the album really shows the influences: it does feel like a record co-written with Beck with a touch of the french chanson here and there, so I guess you can say that it's a perfect marriage of sorts. Made at a time of intense introspection and soul-searching on the part of Gainsbourg (IRM is a sort of medical X-ray exam you do to your brain), the results are both mysterious and schizophrenic, but intensely addicting and multi-layered. The end result of all this is that you'll find yourself going back to it time and again to hear that particular track that left you wondering and wanting for more.

One of the highlights is LE CHAT DU CAFÉ DES ARTISTES, a cover of a song written by Jean Pierre Ferland. Currently it's my favorite track in the album and you can check it out just below. Enjoy it.

Aural Labels: , , , edit post
0 Responses