Anonymous
I'd like to go full circle with this string of posts dedicated to glam rock and close off with Jobriath's sophomore and ultimately last album, Creatures From The Street. Made just one year after his mercurial debut album, here we see the singer/songwriter venturing himself into whole new musical worlds and reaching far into his own private galaxy of sound sensibilities (sorry about the space metaphors but with Jobriath I guess it just comes naturally, as I'm sure a lot of you out there will agree).

I personally think this is a much better album than the first one, more sonically accomplished and a lot more adventurous. We can even find traces and hints of what he could've done next hadn't his career been cut off short by lack of promotion and proper album sales. There's also a couple of big orchestra numbers that might have been included on that musical he said to have been composing at the time of his death. Great stuff it is, too.

I'm going to leave you with my favorite track from the album, the enigmatically titled Ecubyan. Take care, y'all.

Aural Labels: , , , edit post
0 Responses